Despite manufacturing a thoroughly engineered and meticulously finished lineup up of bespoke, S&S-powered motorcycles that are sure to turn heads anywhere they go, California-based ARCH motorcycles is most famous for who owns it. Which is a shame, because I’d like to think that even the company’s famous owner would rather talk about bikes than talk about himself. So, let’s do that.
The ARCH Motorcycle KRGT-1 features ARCH-specific Öhlins suspension components front and rear along with a set of carbon fiber BST wheels wrapped in sticky, Michelin Commander II series tires. For 2020, a Bosch ABS system is fitted as standard, and works with a set of ISR 6-piston radial calipers to haul the bike down from any speed that the massive, 124ci S&S-built, (Harley-Davidson style) V-Twin engine is capable of getting it– and its necessarily fearless riders!– to with confidence.
The key performance upgrades new this year include a lightweight, race-inspired billet aluminium swingarm mated the previously-mentioned Öhlins rear shock. Up front, last year’s front suspension has given way to beefier, 48mm-wide Öhlins forks that, like almost everything else on this $78,000 “custom tailored” bike, are fully adjustable.
By all accounts, the ARCH KRGT-1 (for “Keanu Reeves” GT-1) is an awesome machine– and it certainly looks the part in pictures, if nothing else. And that’s saying something, I think, as there are large swaths of the internet that would have you believe a massively oversized, air and oil-cooled, VTwin-engined ICE motorcycle is something of a dinosaur. Well, you could say the same about a Tyrannosaurus– and I wouldn’t want to meet either in a dimly-lit alley, would you?
Well, maybe the bike … what about you? Do you think the ARCH is worthy of attention on its own merits, or are you just here to see if another Keanu Reeves pops up (it does, below)? Check out some of the KRGT-1’s key features, below, then let us know what you think of John Wick’s newest motorcycle in the comments section at the bottom of the page.
2020 ARCH KRGT-1 Key Features
- 124ci (2032cc) S&S Cycle T124 45-degree downdraft fuel-injected V-Twin engine
- Proprietary Six-speed drivetrain with compact high-torque mainshaft and compact dry clutch
- Tubular steel frame with CNC-machined aluminum subframe
- New ergonomically improved CNC-machined billet aluminum fuel cells
- New ARCH/Öhlins proprietary FGRT series fork, fully adjustable
- ARCH/Öhlins proprietary rear shock with reservoir, hydraulic pre-load adjustment, fully adjustable
- Front Brakes: Dual ISR six-piston monobloc radial mount calipers with ISR floating dampened discs
- Rear Brakes: Single ISR four-piston monobloc radial mount caliper with ISR semi-floating disc
- 19” Front / 18” Rear BST carbon fiber five-spoke wheels
- Michelin Commander II tires
- Forward control foot positioning
- Custom tailored fit and finishes
- CARB (50 state) / EPA compliant
- Equipped with Bosch Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS)